Monday 16 April 2012

The Kooples collaboration

So as i flicked through my issue of ID, i came across the new ad campaign for the brand 'The Kooples'. They have chosen the unlikely face of Pete Doherty to design both a men's and women's range for the brand. Pete who is infamous for his wild lifestyle, fuelled by heavy drugs and drink is not who you would typically think to be picked for such a sleek campaign. However his effortless rock n roll style really is suiting to the brand's quirky cool look. I personally think he looks awesome in these new promotional shots. The collection epitomises his very British, very vintage, laid back, rock n roll inspired look perfectly.







I had a look through the womenswear collection, which weirdly is modelled by Irina Lazareanu, Doherty's on and off-again lover. Here are some of my favourite pieces.



I absolutely love this look! It looks so effortlessly cool with the floaty texture of the skirt and the casual t-shirt tucked in, teamed with one of Pete's signature hats. The different textures of the skirt make it really stand out for me. It's sexy without being obviously provocative. The skirt is priced at £185 so i went on search for cheaper alternatives.



Like this one at £45 from Asos.com

Image 1 of ASOS Sheer Stripe Maxi Skirt With Knickers

And this slightly shorter more floaty number from American Apparel, priced at £40. So tempted to buy this! But ahhhh need to save money for summer haha.

Image 1 of American Apparel Sheer Maxi Skirt




A young and fresh take on British country wear.

I think the slouchy style of this blazer really makes it. It gives off that instant laid back look that Pete pulls off so well.It would be great for a casual look but i reckon it could look epic over a party dress for night time, offering a clash of the masculine and the feminine. However unfortunately, this blazer is priced at a whopping £355, so i thought I'd look for a cheaper alternative. I found this similar one at Topshop for just £40! I don't think it quite has the slouchy look I like though, so would buy it in a size or two up to create that 'boyfriend' style fit.

Ponte Boyfriend Blazer

2 comments: